New Orleans equipment list
Currently we’re good on food and water but we need some tech stuff badly. We brought some stuff with us and it’s likely we’ll deploy all of it here. This place is currently under a night time curfew and we decided to spend some time writing up a needed equipment list.
- Any more iSights and power books with pcmcia (each new one is a new streaming video of the city on 24×7)
- EVDO PCMCIA cards with Verizon service plans activated (This is our uplink)
- Laptops that have PCMCIA (one for wifi, one for EVDO) or laptops with an ethernet port and one PCMCIA
- Surge protectors and power strips
- Flat Panel monitors or monitors in general
- Solar panels
- Power inverters that can tap onto a car batteries
- Gas cans (anything over 5 gallons)!
- Fuel (Gas)
Once we have laptops with EVDO we can have an instant wifi hotspot as well as breaking it out into a small computer lab. There’s a really good chance that if we can, we’ll be using Knoppix on computers that don’t have an OS or that could run Windows. Apparently there’s already huge issues with spyware and viruses on the computers down here. Knoppix should stop that in a jiffy.
Because we’re apart of cuwireless.net (a 501c(3) non profit) all of your donations are tax deductible . If you have the ability to ship us equipment please contact me personally (firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-724-7222) or Joel (email@example.com 347-495-0610). We would almost certainly have it all shipped to Baton Rouge where we can have it hauled in within a day.